- Tour type: Trekking
- Duration: 12 days - 11 nights
- Walking per day: 5 - 8 hours
- Group size: Min. 5 - Max. 14
- Accommodation: Tent and hostel
- Language: English and French
- Departures/Meeting point: July and August/Kulusuk Airport
HIGHLIGHTS OF TOUR
- Visit to Kuumiut hunter's village.
- Extraordinary glacier and mountain view.
- The incredible peace and quiet atmosphere.
- Baggage transport from camp to camp with a boat.
This trekking takes you to the deepest end of the Ammassalik fjord system, in front of incredible glaciers that calve into the sea and towering granite mountains. Enjoy the serenity and calm of the Karale fjord with an occasional crack in the Knud Rasmusen glacier breaking the silence, extraordinary landscape, and unique nature for walking. Experience Kumiut hunter’s village and learn about the extraordinary Inuit culture and how people survived in this very hostile environment and learn about the exciting history of exploration and expeditions of the 19th and early 20th centuries. From the Tunu fjord, an adventurous walk along the Tunup Kuua valley and over 2 km of glacier before arriving at the “lake alike” fjord of Tasilaq. Climb to the Tasilaq mountain hut before heading back to Kulusuk.